The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
19 Jul 2016 8:14am (2 years ago)
You'd have thought getting a new bike would all be fantastic, turns out not.
- I got a new bike
- It's fast
- I broke the speed limit, 38.3 mph in a 30 mph zone, on my ride from the shop back to work.
- I smashed my time in Victoria park, 4 minutes 33 seconds previous time was 5 minutes 20 seconds
- Average Speed: 15.4 mph
- Maximum Speed: 39.4mph
- The panniers i bought, the click that closes them broke as I was doing them up.
- I returned them to the shop and the said they couldn't replace them, they had to go back to the manufacturer
- I had words with the manager, the upshot of which was they gave me new panniers
- On the way home I got a puncture
- I had to wheel my bike home the last 4 miles
- I had spare inner tubes, but no way of changing them or blowing them up
Distance: 6.3mi miles
Average Speed: 12.1 miles/hour
View route on Strava
Previous post Next post